How does it work? A step-by-step guide:
1. Research the technology. (/c game.players.force.technologies[“Old-World-Harvesting”].researched = true)
2. Craft a refinery and any number of harvesters. (About 200 should do)
3. Place them down.
4. Place a belt at any (or all) of the three lanes shown above. (Or don’t, you can use inserters)
5. Put coal in the harvester(s). (You didn’t think it’d be free did you?)
6. Sit back and watch the resources roll in.
-No belts are required! Place one or two (or 24) inserters and watch them pluck the resources from the refinery with weirdly extending arms!
-The harvesters automatically refuel at the nearest refinery that contains the fuel they’re currently using, so make sure it’s available.
-The refinery is also a smart chest, this allows you to do many things. (Such as maintaining the fuel supply)
-The refinery will always try to keep at least a stack of each fuel containing item it contains.
Sorting the ores is up to you. It won’t be done by the refinery.
There’s probably loads of bugs, so do please report them.